Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's Getting Better All The Time...

It has been two weeks since I have sprained my ankle. While I am not quite running yet, but I am happy to report (as I sit here with an ice pack strapped to my foot) that there is definite progress in the right direction.

I have been walking without crutches for over a week! I started physical therapy sessions last week, which have been extremely helpful.

Over all I have only missed about a week of training. I have started working out ever since the physical therapist has cleared me to go wild on a stationery bike or an elliptical machine last Tuesday. My scheduled 13 mile run last weekend became a 2 hour and 15 minute workout on a bike and an arc trainer. Boring--yes, but so worth it.

While my foot continues to display a wide range of blues and purples, I feel very optimistic!

Everyone around me--my family, my friends and my colleagues--has been extremely supportive, and I am infinitely thankful to you all! My blues is over. I am excited and optimistic. I hope to begin the transition back to running very soon.

No comments: