Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And the Winners Are...

Yes, I have earned my "bragging rights" by completing the 112th Boston Marathon on Monday. I ran a slow but even race, passing the half point at 2:15:13, and finishing in 4:32:17.

Between December 1, 2007, and Monday, not counting the race, I ran 364 miles. (Please refer to my complete running log if you would like to check my math.) I understand that my injury 6 weeks ago not only potentially sabotaged my marathon run, but also affected your training guesses. I am sorry, but it is really a game. Smile!

Here are all the bets--only 8 bets overall, so your chances of winning were quite high!

And the winners are:
  • the closest guess to the number of training miles: May Jiang at 410
  • the closest guess to my marathon time: Julie N. at 4:37:11


Congratulations! Your Amazon gift certificates will be emailed to you shortly!

Thank you, everyone, for your tremendous support!!!

Return soon to read about every detail of my race day.

1 comment:

may said...

Wow, I've never won a contest before! Thanks Helen!