Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Less Than Five Days To Go

Is this a sign of excitement, stress or sheer panic? You tell me. All the recent dreams I can recall involved me running, sometimes on ice. Nowhere specific—just running. I suspect that I have also been running in those dreams which I cannot remember.

I have resolved to:
  • Stop saying that I am not sure if I will be able to finish the marathon due to my IT Band injury. I have decided to drop that line of thinking. I WILL FINISH THIS MARATHON!!!
  • Stop stressing over what the weather will be on race day. Nothing I can do about it. (Maybe I am only able to do it because the current forecast looks rather nice.)
Despite the resolutions above, I am still stressing about:
  • Missing the BAA buses from the Boston Common to Hopkington.
  • Not being able to pee right before the start.
  • Having to pee in the field with 24999 other people.
  • Having to pee during the race.
  • Eating too little or too much on the morning of the race.
  • Starting to feel IT Band pain before I reach the 10 mile mark.
  • Losing my hearing while running by the screaming girls in Wellesley.
  • Ok, I'll stop now.

I may have to append these lists as Monday draws near.

3 comments:

jcnemecek said...

You'll finish it, I'm sure. Once you get out there and get going, the worries will slip away.

Ryan said...

I'm always running in slow motion in my dreams. It's weird, and frustrating. Err on the side of eating too little, and take some Gu. The screaming Wellesley girls are the best part of the race!

jcnemecek said...

Oh, here we go:

People can track you by your bib number at the BAA website

There will also be a webcam at wbztv.com