Monday, October 12, 2009

Boston Half Marathon

The Boston Half Marathon starts and ends right here in the Back Bay Fens. It used to end in the Roberto Clemente Field, but this year it started and ended on Park Drive--in other words, just a couple blocks away. Ever since I learned about the race in 2005, I have always wanted to run it, and finally this Sunday I did.

Jogging to the start line on Park DriveThe race course is beautiful especially during this time of the year, when all the maple trees are turning red. The weather was perfect, with the sun shining brightly in my eyes, as I ran along the Emerald Necklace, past the Jamaica Pond and the Arnold Arboretum. After a short dash through the Franklin Park Zoo, the course turned around, and I ran back following almost the same way back.
Riverway near Longwood Avenue, around mile 11 markMy parents were waiting for me near mile 11 by Longwood Avenue, and I got to see Nick near the MFA, as I ran the last mile. I finished in 1:55:38, which was a PR for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helen, it's Helen! Looking forward to meeting you this year with DFMC and will be reading your blog until then!

Thank you btw for the great DFMC donate image ... it's perfect and I took the liberty of using the same logo on my blog.

See you soon! H/10yearscancerfree.com