Thursday, October 22, 2009

Running To Work

I am currently on the train going to work, and people are giving me funny looks. Why? Besides looking like I just got out of bed (which I did), I am also carrying bags. Multiple bags! Not counting my backpack! And all of them are full of stuff.

What is all this "stuff" that I am carrying? Let's see--two days worth of lunch, a book for the lunch time book club, the laptop of course, sneakers to wear at the gym today, and two days worth of clothing, including a pair of shoes for tomorrow. (I did also stop at the drug store on my way to the train station to buy some lotion, but that was a very minor addition to all the "stuff".)

You see, tomorrow my morning run will be "special". I plan to run to work from the Woodland T station. I have already done this 3 times, and enjoyed it immensely. The downside is that it cannot be done on the spur of the moment. It requires careful planning, because I refuse to run and carry clean clothes at the same time. So today I am carrying a change of clothes for today, and a change of clothes for tomorrow (including shoes and a coat). That way when I set out for my run tomorrow morning, all I have to bring is my cell phone, keys, and my train pass. I cannot wait.

No comments: